Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates.
About the Industry: Gore products help control emissions, optimize processes, and deliver long-term value across manufacturing types. Learn more at gore.com/products/industries
About the Role:
We are looking for a statistician/data scientist to join Gore in Shenzhen, China. Our global statisticians team provides statistical consulting and training for our technical teams in an industrial environment.
- Please note that this is not an ex-pat assignment.
- Consulting and collaborating with a wide variety of individuals and small teams across the business units, while providing primary support for engineers, scientists, lab operators, and business leaders
- Using and supporting statistical software (JMP)
- Presenting and teaching statistical concepts and tools, e.g. designed experiments, predictive modeling, and SPC
- Collaborating with other members of the global statistics team
- Providing statistical consulting and training cross-functional teams and individuals, you help others and gain high reputation,
- Mentoring a small team of statistics super users you shape your mentoring skills
- Driving your own projects
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, or related field. Will consider recent or upcoming graduates.
- Knowledge in statistical tools like principal components analysis, decision tree based models, neural networks, or classical tools like linear regression, design of experiments
- Programing experience in at least one of the following: SAS, Python, R
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Native Chinese and excellent English language skills
- Ability to effectively partner, collaborate and consult with individuals and teams
- Willingness to travel internationally to global meetings (once per year)
- Must be a Chinese citizen
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in Statistics, Data Science, or related field
- Industry, consulting, or internship experience
- Knowledge of JMP statistical software
What We Offer:
At Gore, we want our Associates to have fulfilling careers driven by curiosity and commitment. In return, we commit to our Associates by offering comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation, benefits, an Associate stock ownership-type plan, and opportunities for growth and development. Learn more at gore.com/careers
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Our Talent Acquisition Team welcomes your questions at gore.com/careers/contactSC
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: